N-terminal and C-terminal hydrogens

From: Troy Bothwell <tbothwe1_at_bigred.unl.edu>
Date: Thu 12 Apr 2001 11:10:16 -0700

Hello all,

I am attempting a simulation on a short peptide (5 amino acids). However
when I build the molecule in LEAP, it leaves off both the extra n-terminal
and c-terminal hydrogens. Using the edit mode of xleap and the "add H and
build" command added a hydrogen to the c-terminal end, but not the
n-terminal. So I added the missing hydrogen manually, and built the
structure. I then used the check feature to see if these "new" residues
would be recognized and they weren't. The n-terminal end it Tyrosine and the
c-terminal end is Valine. Do I have to prepare a prep file to solve this
problem.

Troy