Re: [AMBER] Ref Flag for Minimization

From: He, Amy via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 22:14:39 +0000

Hi Will,

I did the same thing before. But I don’t think the previous restraints can be read from a refc file. With an existing refc file but no restraint specifications, my md output says:

Frozen or restrained atoms:
ibelly = 0, ntr = 0

and in the results session I always got:

RESTRAINT = 0.0000

Can you explain the differences you saw?

The few steps at the beginning could have exactly the same energies (and perhaps very similar structures). As the minimization progresses, the structures may start to diverge. However, the endpoint energies and structures should be relatively similar. You can check for RMSD per residue - comparing both min2.rst to min1.rst, and the two min2.rst to each other. Overall I think the difference with or without a refc in my system is very minor (the difference between two min2.rst is much less than their difference from my min1.rst). let me know what you think!

Best regards,
Amy

--
Amy He