[AMBER] Need help to setup pulling force

From: Enrico Martinez via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:47:23 +0200

Dear Amber users !

I would like to train myself a bit in the application of the protocols
using pulling algorithms to move some selection of the atoms during the
simulation. E.g. what I have already seen from the available tutorials:

https://github.com/callumjd/AMBER-Umbrella_COM_restraint_tutorial

For my case-study I am dealing with the modeling of a transmembrane peptide
embedded into the membrane system, using packmol-memgen and would like to
(so probably to pull along "Z") to remove it from the membrane into the
water.

Assuming that the tutorial looks for me a bit complex ( I am a master
student in biotechnology) could you please advise me some introductory
steps for such a setup, e.g. what should I add directly to my md.in file to
introduce such pulling force with given direction, force and time ?

Here is my md.in file (without any pulling):

 pro 10ns at 303K
 &cntrl
   imin=0, ntx=5, irest=1,
   ntc=2, ntf=2, tol=0.0000001,
   nstlim=5000000, ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0,
   temp0=303.0,
   ntpr=5000, ntwr=500000, ntwx=5000,
   dt=0.002, ig=-1,
   ntb=2, cut=10.0, ioutfm=1, ntxo=2,
   ntp=3, csurften=3, gamma_ten=0.0, ninterface=2,
 /

Many thanks in advance !

Enrico