Re: [AMBER] MCPB, Unrecognized OW type for water

From: Pengfei Li via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 16:48:31 -0600

Hi Matthew,

This issue may be because the separation of the water model from the protein force field in the most recent versions of AmberTools, in this way MCPB.py could not find the water model parameters from the protein force field. The MCPB.py program in the future release (i.e. AmberTools24) will have this issue fixed.

To solve this problem now, (I assume you are using the opc water model, if you are using another water model, you can adjust accordingly) you can copy the $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm/frcmod.opc file into your working folder, and then add "frcmod_files frcmod.opc” into your MCPB.py input file and do the MCPB.py procedure from the beginning.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei