Re: [AMBER] tleap and bridged cyclobutyl groups

From: FyD via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:45:24 +0100

Dear Brian,

> Just curious if anyone has found a workaround for the DU error one
> receives when trying to parameterizing bridged cyclo butyl groups in
> small molecules.
> Searching the archives has not produced any hits with the search
> terms that I was using. Lots of messages with DU but not cyclobutyl.
> pointers to a link or paper is appreciated.

I used methylcyclobutane (bad model for charge derivation) as input
molecule for REDServer Dev. to generate the cyclobutyl fragment:

http://q4mdfft:q4mdfft.cluster.q4md-forcefieldtools.org/~ucpublic1/ADF2yADF10ADFRADFgsyqTb16OgBuOpK83MWOaKx1qHnYPTpiJ/P2342.php

The fragment (mol3 file format) & LEaP script are here:
https://q4mdfft:q4mdfft.cluster.q4md-forcefieldtools.org/~ucpublic1/ADF2yADF10ADFRADFgsyqTb16OgBuOpK83MWOaKx1qHnYPTpiJ/P2342/Applet-dir_P2342/JSmol_Applet-mol2-1.html

https://q4mdfft:q4mdfft.cluster.q4md-forcefieldtools.org/~ucpublic1/ADF2yADF10ADFRADFgsyqTb16OgBuOpK83MWOaKx1qHnYPTpiJ/P2342/Data-R.E.D.Server/Data-Default-Proj/leaprc.q4mdfft

No problem to report when running LEaP:
cd P2342/Data-R.E.D.Server/Data-Default-Proj/
source /opt/amber22/amber.csh
xleap -f leaprc.q4mdfft
saveamberparm F00 F00.top FF.crd

Best Francois