Re: [AMBER] Holding Host-Guest COM constant during binding enthalpy MD

From: Gert Kruger via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 05:44:15 +0000

Dear Olivia,

Are you using QM for the guest molecule and the atoms in the active site where it is binding?

I would imagine this will improve the binding interactions.

Can you share with us the host guest system you are using (even just a general description)?

If the host leaves the binding site, it is possible due to the chemical forces being weak. Seeing the system will help us to tell you if one expects good or weak binding.

Best wishes
Gert Kruger