Re: [AMBER] Problem with rmsd

From: Daniel Roe via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 09:19:52 -0400

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 11:50 AM Myriam Torres Rico
<myriam.torres.ifth.es> wrote:

> What I was expecting was to get two lines in the graph, one for the reference structure and one for the final structure...but I only got one line.

It was not clear that this is what you wanted from your previous
emails. I should have asked instead of guessing what you wanted to do
from the input picture you posted. :-)

If you want to calculate the RMSD to a specified reference and the
last frame, you can do the following:

parm complex-verapamil-cav1.2sinH.top
reference complex-verapamil-cav1.2_min_wat.rst [REF]
reference complex-verapamil-cav1.2_vcon.mdcrd lastframe [LAST]
rms ToMember1 :1-2340&!.H= ref [REF] out prueba-ambertools.agr
rms ToLast :1-2340&!.H= ref [LAST] out prueba-ambertools.agr

> I wanted to take the opportunity to ask you in the following script for RMSF calculations where and how I can put the interval of the protein residues (my interval is :1-2339) :
>
> parm complex-verapamil-cav1.2sinH.top
> trajin complex-verapamil-cav1.2_vcon.mdcrd
> rms first
> average crdset MyAvg
> run
> rms ref MyAvg
> atomicfluct out fluct11.agr

You'll want to put that mask in both 'rms' commands and in the
'atomicfluct' command. Be aware that you don't necessarily have to use
the same mask for fitting/calculating fluctutations. For example, you
may want to fit on the alpha carbons or backbone atoms, and then
calculate the fluctuations for all atoms. It all depends on what you
want the frame of reference to be. I highly suggest reading the manual
entries for all of these commands to become familiar with what
keywords are available and what they do.

Hope this helps,

-Dan