[AMBER] Average RMSF calculation

From: Hocine EL KHAOUDI ENYOURY via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 20:56:55 +0200

Hi,

I am currently working on an analysis of MD simulations and have encountered a question regarding the most appropriate methodology for calculating the average RMSF for our study.

I have seen that in some publications average RMSF is calculated as the mathematical mean of each replica, and I some others, they create an average structure, and then they compute the RMSF for the whole.

What would be the appropriate one :

1) Creating an average structure and then computing RMSF using that average structure ?
2)Averaging the RMSF of each replica?

Are there any advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks in advance!

Hocine