[AMBER] How to neutralize charge after replacing the charges calculated by antechamber

From: Amin Sagar via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 16:54:59 +0000

Dear Amber Community,
I am trying to run MD simulations with a peptide which has a covalently modified cysteine. I followed the following steps.

  1. I generated a mol2 of the modified residue, capped it with ACE and NME and calculated the charges using antechamber.
  2. Since, I want to use ff15ipq for the simulations, I replaced the backbone charges and names using amino15ipq_10.0.lib.
  3. Then, I generated an off file and modified it to have information about bonding to neighbouring residues.
  4. I generated the missing parameters using parchchk2.
I can now build systems using this residue, but it has a net charge of 0.23 as I replaced the charges in step2.
This procedure seems to be followed in many studies in the literature.
How is the charge neutralized in these cases? Should I just distribute the charge equally to all the other atoms, or is there a better way of doing this?
Thanks.

Amin Sagar
Senior Computational Chemist

-

BicycleTx Ltd
Blocks A & B
Portway Building, Granta Park
Cambridge CB21 6GS

amin.sagar.bicycletx.com<mailto:amin.sagar.bicycletx.com>
www.bicycletherapeutics.com<https://www.bicycletherapeutics.com/>

[Bicycle]

Twitter<https://twitter.com/bicycle_tx> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/bicycle-therapeutics/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This communication, including any attachments, is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If there is any reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies. Thank you.
BicycleTx Ltd. Company number 11036101. Registered in England.

Disclaimer