Re: [AMBER] TIP5P water model parameter files issue

From: SATYAJIT KHATUA via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 20:55:20 +0530

Hi,

If you check by saving a TIP5P water (as pdb), you will see there is a
triangulated portion consisting of OW and HW atoms (like in the TIP3P
model). But, if you look at the frcmod.tip5p file, there is no mention of
OW-HW and HW-HW bond parameters. These parameters are required for the
successful building of your model system.

If you create a frcmod file (in your working directory) by copying the bond
parameters from the frcmod.tip3p file and supply its path in the tleap file
before saving the topology and restart, the system can be built
successfully. However, I don't know if it is a safe thing to do by just
copying the other water parameters.

*With regards,*
*Satyajit Khatua,*
*Research Scholar,*