Re: [AMBER] pressure control question

From: Vinicius Wilian Cruzeiro via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:30:16 +0000

Hello Zoey,

The constant pH equations have been derived within a canonical ensemble. One would need to think if/how the equations would be affected in an NPT ensemble. This is why the error trap is in there.

Now to your questions: There would be no pressure control. All you would ensure is that the system is at one density compatible with the thermodynamic condition that you want, which for most purposes is all that you need.

I hope this helps,

Vinícius Wilian D. Cruzeiro, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Department of Chemistry