[AMBER] pressure control in constant ph simulation

From: Yang, Li-Yen via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:26:00 +0000

Dear Amber community,

I am trying to run a constant pH simulation on a protein complex.
I would like it to be run under the condition similar with my experiment which is 300K and 1atm.

At first, I tried to set my mdin file for my production run with both temperature control and pressure control so it can be NPT.
However, I got an error saying that Amber doesn’t support pressure control in ph constant explicit solvent simulation.
So now I am running my production run with NVT (by setting ntp=0 and ntb=1).

My question is:

  1. If I run relaxation with constant pressure (1 atm) before my production run, will the production run (NVT) remain the pressure around 1 atm?

  1. If so, how do I check what the pressure is during the production run? (From my understanding, the PRESS from the output file is not the actual pressure from the system)

Thank you!

Best,
Zoey