[AMBER] Methylated DNA simulation

From: Sneha Kandapal via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:18:38 +0000

Hello,

This question is about methylated DNA. I am working with ds(DNA) of 12 base pairs ds(CGCGCGCGATCG). By using Avogadro software I changed the third base (cytosine) to methyl cytosine and generated a pdb file.

My question is I followed the tutorial in AMBER for simulating DNA. However, I am not sure whether I need to follow exactly the same steps for methylated DNA. As I read in some old threads that we need to calculate the RESP charges.

I will appreciate if you could please guide with the protocol or any other way I can change specific cytosine to methylated cytosine and perform MD simulation.

Thank you.