Re: [AMBER] [amber] ph constant simulation question

From: SATYAJIT KHATUA via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 00:37:05 +0530

Hi,

If possible, shift to AMBER 22. There is no issue with the MAX_TITR_RES
setting in AMBER 22. It will adapt to your titratable residue numbers in an
automated way.

If not, then there are two possible ways:

1. Depending on the solution pH and the pKa(s) of the titratable
residue(s), you can select those residues that can change their protonation
states in the desired pH. In this way, you can reduce the residue list.

2. If option 1 is not the solution you desire, then you may change the
MAX_TITR_RES setting (~ 100) in constantph.F90 in sander as well as in
pmemd folder. After changing the setting, recompile the amber. Look, it is
apriori impossible to decide what will be the best likely guess for the
MAX_TITR_RES setting. Depending on your system, you should do the changing
and recompiling.

*With regards,*
*Satyajit Khatua*