Re: [AMBER] ParmEd problem: LJ12_6_4 +pTYR. Error: Could not find parameters for ATOM_TYPE CG

From: Jason Swails via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:26:45 -0400

Hi Giulia,

The 12-6-4 polarization parameters are stored in
$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm/lj_1264_pol.dat, and there is no CG atom type
parameter in that file (leading to the error you see).

The solution is to copy that file to your current working directory and add
a line with CG parameters (you can model the parameters based on the other
types that are there -- likely 1.352). Once you add that line, add
`polfile 1264_polfile_copy.dat` to your add12_6_4 ParmEd command.

Hope this helps,
Jason