[AMBER] [MicrosoftExchange329e71ec88ae4615bbc36ab6ce41109e@rutgersconnect.onmicrosoft.com: Re: Running QM/MM in parallel; multi-sander

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:07:08 -0400

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023, Vilhelm Ekberg via AMBER wrote:

> I am interested in running QM/MM in parallel on a cluster with 64 available
> cores per node. I will be using multi-sander (Amber22) with 2 groups, Some
> benchmarks QM/MM runs on my system with the parameters:
>

> #SBATCH --nodes 1
> #SBATCH --cpus-per-task 1
> #SBATCH --ntasks 2
>
> took roughly 4.5 days to complete. I am wondering how I should set the
> SBATCH parameters in order to optimize the parallelization? I guess
> one relevant question also is how much the job can be sped up with
> parallelization?

You don't say what sort of QM you are doing, or by which program. That is
crucial for parallelization: the only speed-up will come from parallelizing
the QM part. Also, I'm not sure why you have 2 groups in sander. But I
think the key thing is to know more about how you are calling whatever QM
program is doing the electronic structure stuff.

....regards...dac