Re: [AMBER] broken installation of amber18

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 21:32:29 -0500

On Fri, Jan 06, 2023, Adam Jarmula via AMBER wrote:

>I am using Ubuntu 22. Installation of amber18 has been broken with the
>following error: /amber18/lib/libcifparse.a(lex.cifp.o):(.bss+0x8):
>multiple definition of `cifpin';

AmberTools18 is very out-of-date, especially in keeping up with changes
to flex and bison. Best would be to install AmberTools22, which knows more
about things in distros like Ubuntu22.

You can still use the pmemd from Amber18 (so don't delete the old files).
Or: you can also upgrade to Amber22 at the same time you get AmberTools22.
Or: you can wait until April, and get Amber22 with no license fee for
not-for-profit users.

...hope this helps....dac