Re: [AMBER] AMBER20 GPU error

From: Thomas Cheatham via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:46:48 -0700 (MST)

> I am sorry for being naive but what are you referring to by CPU code vs the
> GPU code? I could not find a distinction between them in the manual. Can
> you please point me in the right direction?

Unless you rename the executables, pmemd is for CPU, pmemd.cuda is on GPU;
pmemd.MPI.cuda can run across multiple GPUs but parallel performance is
not create so we generally only use this for multiple independent runs
(with the "groupfile") or replica-exchange where communication between
instances is less frequent hence little impact on performance.

I know the manual is long, but it can be a helpful read.

--tec3