Re: [AMBER] Metal center created with MCPB.py collapses on MD start?

From: Gustavo Seabra via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 15:03:39 -0500

Hi Clorice,

Thank you so much, this worked!

For future reference, here's what I did, following the instructions in the
end of the tutorial here
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/mcpbpy.htm>, and the
tutorial for restrained nonbonded model here
<http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/rnb.htm>.

Starting with the files created by MCPB.py for the cluster model,
1) use `parmed` to figure out the bond parameters between the water and Fe
2) Prepare the restraint file with those parameters
3) Modify the tleap input file created by MCPB.py, to remove the bond
between Fe and OW
4) Use this file to create new inpcrd/parmtop
5) Run the simulations with the restraint created.

In the end, this will give a "hybrid" model, where the protein residues are
bonded to the Fe ion, and the water with be just restrained to it.

So, far, the simulations are running well.

Thank you!
--
Gustavo Seabra.