[AMBER] Free Energy Calculation using TI

From: Suguna Sakkiah via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 03:04:13 +0000

Hi Amber User,

I am trying to calculate the free energy for the protein complexes using Thermodynamics Integration. I followed the tutorial from the Amber website (https://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial9/#setup_pmemd).

I have a question at step4: why we want to combine the lbnz and lphe two in the decharge combine step (which is in red text)

# coordinates for solvated ligands as created previously by MD
lsolv = loadpdb ligands_solvated.pdb
lbnz = loadpdb ligands_bnz.pdb
lphn = loadpdb ligands_phn.pdb

# coordinates for complex as created previously by MD
csolv = loadpdb complex_solvated.pdb
cbnz = loadpdb complex_bnz.pdb
cphn = loadpdb complex_phn.pdb

# decharge transformation
decharge = combine {lbnz lbnz lsolv}
setbox decharge vdw
savepdb decharge ligands_decharge.pdb
saveamberparm decharge ligands_decharge.parm7 ligands_decharge.rst7

decharge = combine {cbnz cbnz csolv}
setbox decharge vdw
savepdb decharge complex_decharge.pdb
saveamberparm decharge complex_decharge.parm7 complex_decharge.rst7

Regards
Suguna

C4 Therapeutics, Inc. Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain confidential and proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system and note that you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the contents of this message is not permitted and may be unlawful.