[AMBER] GaMD dihedral boosting Amber18

From: Martin Juhás via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 07:54:45 +0000

Dear developers,

I have recently noticed a very interesting problem (possibly a bug?) in
Amber 18. I did a GaMD calculation and observed extremely high EAMBER_BOOST
values using dihedral or dual boosting in the out file (600 or even more).
Using only total potential boosting, values were reasonable (<10). I checked
using a short run in Amber 20, and the values for dihedral boosting were
completely different (also approx 5-10), and no such high values occurred.
Is there any patch, or possibly is it just happening in my system? Or the
only way to correct it is to upgrade to the newer Amber?

Thank you.

Martin