Re: [AMBER] Separation of protein and ligand during TI simulation.

From: Dr. Anselm Horn via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:35:45 +0200

Fanyu,

if your ligand leaves the binding pocket during the simulation, then
this seems an outcome of your simulation experiment, and no artifact due
to wrapping or mirroring effects.
Maybe the perturbation you introduced is too large to allow the ligand
to stay in its initial position?

Although I'm no expert at TI, I'd suggest to simulate the two different
ligand systems (=states) separately to ensure that they both produce
bound ligands.

Regards,

Anselm