Re: [AMBER] Issues concerning keyboard on xleap interface

From: David A Case via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 09:41:08 -0400

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022, Frederico Henrique Ferreira via AMBER wrote:

>I've been struggling with an issue on Xleap. Even thought my keyboard is
>correctly set up on my computer, even on linux terminal (I'm a Windows user
>that use WSL2) once the graphical window of xleap opens it looks like it's
>set to another keyboard layout. All letters are changed, i.e. "r" inserts
>"h", "t" inserts "x", y -> w, u -> L and so it goes on.

Are you using a Portugese or Spanish keyboard layout? That might help
explain some things.

The xleap X-windows code was written in the 1980's, and the keyboard code
probably doesn't go through what are now standard OS interfaces. The code
also relies on libraries that we didn't create. At this point, it is very
unlikely that any updates are possible. Very few Amber developers use
Xleap, and no one understands low-level stuff like this.

That said, there may be users on the list who have seen similar problems,
and can report workarounds. So don't give up hope yet. But you may want to
consider different visualization programs.

....dac