Re: [AMBER] interpreting paramfit results

From: Cenk Andac via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 11:04:19 +0300

Hi Robin,
Thank you for taking your time helping me out.
Yes, I did determine the K value as suggested in the tutorial,
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial23/paramfit_3.html#Derive_K
and I used the K value as an input for fitting.
Is that what you meant about " the relative difference in energy between
structures" ?

However, I did not use your bash script to randomly generate coordinates
about the dihedral of interest in order to determine quantum energies. And
now, I have started thinking if I really have to.
What I rather did was, I generated coordinates for incremental rotations
about a torion of interest (5 degree increments between 5 to 360 degree) to
yield 72 frames using the leap module of AMBER v20. I then transfered the
coordinates into gamess input files (yielding 72 gamess inpit file) and
determined single-point energies for each frames. Then I extracted
potential energies from gamess output files and collated them into a
quantum.dat file which I used for fitting.

If additional N is desired (say N=2) , then I would have to determine
another K value for a different dihedral angle about the same atom2-atom3,
right?
Best,
Cenk