[AMBER] Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest

From: Christian Seitz via AMBER <amber.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 00:17:43 -0700

Hello,

I have run a short minimization on a system, and am trying to run the
heating for it. When I do this, I get this error before any cycles are
finished:

Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest

My heating input file looks like this:

Heat
 &cntrl
  imin=0,
  ntx=1,
  irest=0,
  nstlim=500000,
  dt=0.002,
  ntf=2,
  ntc=2,
  tempi=10.0,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntpr=1000,
  ntwx=1000,
  cut=8.0,
  ntb=1,
  ntp=0,
  ntt=3,
  gamma_ln=5.0,
  nmropt=1,
  ig=-1,
  restraint_wt=1.0,
  restraintmask='.CA,C,O,N&!:WAT'
 /
&wt type='TEMP0', istep1=0, istep2=2000000, value1=10.0, value2=300.0 /
&wt type='TEMP0', istep1=2000001, istep2=5000000, value1=300.0,
value2=300.0 /
&wt type='END' /

I have seen this error when using amber 18, amber 20 and amber 22. I have
also seen it for the ff14sb and ff19sb force fields. I do not have any
ligands present in my system, which appeared to be the culprit for someone
previously (http://archive.ambermd.org/202011/0195.html), though I do have
dozens of bicarbonate ions that I have added to my solvent. Additionally,
my restraint weight is not too high as was also seen previously (
http://archive.ambermd.org/202110/0250.html). What might be the issue?
Thanks in advance!

Best,
Christian

--
*Christian Seitz*
PhD Candidate, Biochemistry & Biophysics | UC-San Diego