Re: [AMBER] vlimit=10 compromise for Amber 20 error: "an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kClearForces"?

From: Liao <liaojunzhuo.aliyun.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 05:18:33 +0800

Continuing on this old thread, using vlimit=10 resolved the issue mostly, but there was still a 2% chance the simulation will crash within 5 ns.

Now, working on a new protein-ligand system, I started out with ff14SB, runs normally as expected (Implicit water, HMR prmtop files used). When I decided to try ff19SB also, the simulation blows up again quite quickly. This time it doesn't give an error and stop, but the energy values have suddenly blown up. As mentioned last time by Dr Case, here I've provided my input files, including mol2 and PDB, preparation scripts and a short output. Maybe someone can rerun on their system, to see what their result is, and what modifications can be made? From another recent thread (http://archive.ambermd.org/202011/0181.html), Dr Simmerling mentioned that a slow 9-step equilibration protocol solved such issue. Don't know if that may be the ultimate solution to all?