[AMBER] Using amber force field in NAMD

From: Hrishikesh Dhondge <hbdhondge.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 12:03:43 +0200

Hello,

I have a doubt regarding the use of the amber force field with NAMD. If I
have to use the amber force field in NAMD, then I can create the system in
the leap program provided by AMBER. But the leap program renumbers the
residues in the simulation system. Chain identifiers are not used. There is
a single list of all atoms where atoms and residues are numbered
sequentially starting from 1 without any gaps.

So if I have a protein-RNA/DNA complex to simulate, will it affect the
simulation (missing information about chain or segment identifiers)?

Thanks in advance!

--
With regards
Hrishikesh Dhondge