Re: [AMBER] Using amber force field in NAMD

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 14:06:49 +0200

Hi !

NAMD can read AMBER topology files which store all the needed
information for the system. As long as your topology contains the
correct connectivity information, chain or segment IDs are not relevant
and everything should be fine from that point of view.

Just read the documentation carefully. Some NAMD inputs need to be
adjusted from their defaults ...

The Wiki below was written for earlier versions of both NAMD and AMBER
but the basics have not changed. It is the best explanation I am aware
of about using the Amber force fields in NAMD. Nevertheless, double
check parameters and defaults in newer versions to be sure you are doing
things right.

https://ambermd.org/namd/namd_amber.html

Cheers
Vlad