Re: [AMBER] Segmentation Fault (Core Dumped) in xLEaP

From: Nathan Black <nathanblack262.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:50:49 -0600

Dr. Simmerling and other AMBER Users,

I implemented the changes you suggested and created cleaner debug files.

I then tested the process of saving parameter topology and coordinate files
of three different surfactants (no polymerization): ULV (tail + leucine +
c-terminal valine), UGA (tail + glycine + c-terminal alanine), and UAA
(tail + alanine + c-terminal alanine) to see if the error was
residue-dependent. Each surfactant's files were saved without issue. I have
not yet tested the effects of running MD simulation(s) with these files.

Afterwards, I tested the sequence {} command on polymerizing ULV
surfactants. I found that if the sequence was longer than two ULV
surfactants (i.e., the sequence {} command) contained three or more
surfactants, the sequence {} command would cause a segmentation fault
error.

Attached are three tLEaP scripts, along with the same dependencies as sent
before. Each of the tLEaP scripts is dependent on the same files:

The script with the tag "debug1" deals with saving files for the ULV
surfactant on its lonesome. It ran without issues on my machine.

The script with the tag "debug4" deals with saving files for a 2-mer ULV
surfactant polymer. This also ran without issues on my machine.

The script with the tag "debug6" deals with saving files for a 3-mer ULV
surfactant polymer. The sequence {} command caused a segmentation fault
error on my machine (CENTOS 7, Amber 20).

Hopefully, this is helpful to anyone trying to recreate this error.

All the best,
NDB