[AMBER] DNA breaking down during the simulation

From: <b.ercig.nki.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 23:26:29 +0000

Hello everyone,

I am currently simulating a system which consists of 2 proteins and 1 dsDNA in complex. I have made an production run of 10ns without any problems however, when I extend the simulation after 10ns, I see that the nucleotides in DNA strand is separating from the strand for some reason. I am not sure if I was able to explain the situation. But this did not seem to be a problem with starting structure to me, since the complex structure was intact during the minimization, heating etc…

I used Amber FF14SB forcefield together with BSC1 forcefield.

solvateBox com TIP3PBOX 10.0 (also tried octahedral box; did not work also)

and I neutralize the system using Na+; Cl- ions.

Below is the parameters being used in the production run:

  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,

  nstlim=5000000,dt=0.002,

  ntc=2,ntf=2,ig=-1,

  cut=8.0, ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=2.0,

  ntpr=500, ntwx=500, ntwr = 500, ioutfm=1,

  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,

  temp0=300.0,

Maybe I am missing something really obvious here, and I would be really happy to hear your feedbacks. Thanks all !

Kind regards,

Bogac Ercig

Netherlands Cancer Institute