Re: [AMBER] DNA breaking down during the simulation

From: Thomas Cheatham <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 01:13:01 +0000

Beyond imaging, which is worthwhile investigating, if it is NOT that, 10ns is fast for it to distort badly, however some groups (like DESRES) have reported issues with some protein-DNA complexes. What I would do is enforce weak WC base pair restraints while the system "settles" (likely a microsecond or so - better 3-5 microseconds) and then see what happens when you turn them off. I would also do this with multiple replicates (different ion distributions or initial velocities for 3-5 independent simulations).

--tec3

p.s. note that DNA base pair fraying up to 1-2 base pairs is expected on the 1 microsecond timescale for isolated DNA duplexes (aka not in complex with protein) and deeper fraying on longer timescales. Also if you want me to eyeball the molecular graphics, send a PDB stripped of the water (tec3.utah.edu).