Re: [AMBER] MD simulations for POPC membrane

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 18:01:28 -0500

Have you carried out simulations in previously? Lipids can be challenging,
and I usually recommend against trying them until you're already
comfortable with how Amber works and what might go wrong in the inputs.
They way you can learn how equilibration works, and the goals of the
individual steps and restraints. After that it is more reasonable to take
on the extra complexities of lipids.

In this case, the original example you're following may have had a protein
or other residues in addition to the lipids, and the author also wanted to
restrain those. Following that tutorial by actually running it and
analyzing the outputs will help you to see what it is doing, and also
ensure that your Amber setup is working properly before you start to make
changes for your own system. Look at the tutorial system - what could the
author have intended by the 384? Is DOPC_128.pdb what is actually being
simulated? If not, is 128 relevant here?

Also, in one place you mention heat.in but a different name in another
spot. Make sure there are no typos either in the scripts or your email, or
else people will get misled into thinking that is the source of the error.

I would strongly suggest that you actually work through the tutorial and
make sure you u serstand each step and each flag, and analyse the results,
and then try to modify it one step at a time.