Re: [AMBER] about RAMD

From: Charles Lin <charles.lin.roivant.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 01:28:26 +0000

Anything within ramdmaxdist will apply the ramd force if the distance is smaller than the previous distance. The idea of ramd is that you apply a force until you fall outside of a distance you care about. There is no “direction” the force is applied in. It is suppose to be completely random.

So here’s an example:

Say you have a ligand in a protein pocket. You define the ligand with a residue name LIG. So you define your ramdligmask=”:LIG” and then you want to compare against residues that you’re currently interacting with your protein so you might do something like ramdprotmask=”:35,36,37”. The starting distance in your simulation will be the distance between the center of mass of :LIG (residue name) and the center of mass of :35,36,37 (residue ids). We’ll define this starting distance as starting_distance. Your simulation will terminate when the LIG CoM distance and :35,36,37 CoM distance is bigger than ramdmaxdist + starting_distance. At every ramdint steps so let’s say you set it to 100, every 100 steps we’ll check if the current distance between LIG CoM and :35,36,37 CoM is bigger than the distance at the last ramdint evaluation. If it is smaller we’ll apply a random force with a magnitude of ramdboost.