Re: [AMBER] problem loading the trajectory files in vmd

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 11:20:01 -0500

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 9:21 AM Carlos Simmerling
<carlos.simmerling.gmail.com> wrote:
> for a list of the format keywords and automatic extensions, look at this
> page:
> https://amber-md.github.io/cpptraj/CPPTRAJ.xhtml#tab:cpptraj-trajformats
>
> there is no need to convert to dcd, pdb or other non-amber formats (unless
> that's what you want to do, of course).

Some points in favor of using the DCD format on windows is that being
binary, it will be smaller than the ASCII format and will process
faster. However, if you need it to be human readable for some reason
use the ASCII format. Make sure you are using an up-to-date version of
cpptraj to do the conversion (from AT21 is fine, but GitHub
preferred).

-Dan