Re: [AMBER] problem loading the trajectory files in vmd

From: Mohamed Aboelnga <mohamed.aboelnga.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 12:24:42 +0000

Hello,

You need to convert the .crd file into .dcd using cpptraj to be able to open the trajectory using VMD.

Here is how it could be done in cpptraj
parm filename.prmtop
trajin filename.crd
trajout filename.dcd

Hope this help.

Regards,
Mohamed

On Dec 3, 2021 5:52 AM, ankita mehta <mehtaroadies.gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to load the trajectory files .mdcrd files in vmd on windows.
My simulations were run on Amber.
But everytime i load the files , the following error message is displayed
on the vmd windows.
It says " problem reading the crd file".
I followed following steps:
1. select "new molecule "
2. Load "parm file " and select file type as "Amber parm 7".
3. Then load the trajectory file as "mdcrd" file and select file type as "
Amber coordinates' '.
4. error message displays on the VMD windows "Problem reading CRD file".

P.S. - -I have a windows operating system.

Any help is appreciated !

TIA!
Ankita