Re: [AMBER] Amber Installation Error

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 16:29:38 -0500

On Thu, Dec 02, 2021, Suguna Sakkiah wrote:

>I am trying to install the Amber20 in centos 7 and getting below error. Anyone can help me to solve the issue
>
>[schrogpu1 build]$ sudo ./run_cmake1

We generally discourage using sudo to install Amber. Can you not build the
code in folders where you have write permissions?

> You requested MPI, but the MPI C library was not found. Please install one
> and try again, or set MPI_C_INCLUDE_PATH and MPI_C_LIBRARIES to point to
> your MPI.

Dou you have "mpicc" in your PATH? (Type "which mpicc") If so, what is the
output of "mpicc -show"?

If you've not done so yet, please read this page:

     https://ambermd.org/InstCentOS.php

This points out the the MPI stacks avaiable by default in CentOS do not
work with Amber, and suggests fixes.

...hope this helps....dac