Re: [AMBER] Partial frame/traj dump during MD run.

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:18:01 +0100

Pedro,

as a first quick response to your question:
Amber can write a restart file with coordinate information to the disk
(see input parameter ntwr , Amber21 manual p. 364); together with the
topology file this can be used either directly for visualization or for
conversion to a pdb file.
Amber also can dump molecular properties (energies, temperature etc) to
an info file and update that as well.

A direct pdb file dump, however, is not supported by Amber, as far as I
know. I guess all this is mostly due to performance (frequent writing to
disk slows down your MD significantly) and precision (atomic coordinates
in pdb format have a limited precision).

You may simply use the already written trajectory files for a
visualization and analysis while the MD is still running.
(Since most application jobs probably run for days than just for
hours/minutes, direct visualization is not that important IMHO.)

But the Amber experts and developers might want to chime in here.

Best regards,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany