Re: [AMBER] xLEaP Keyboard?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 08:43:51 -0500

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021, Brandon Orzolek wrote:

>Under the Unit Edit "Edit Selected Atoms" where one can input values into a
>table, the only typing I can do is clicking the roller of an external mouse
>to generate a "0". I have tried an external keyboard (both Windows and
>Mac). There is no Num lock. Am I missing something?

I see similar, failed, behavior with "Edit Selected Atoms" on my Mac. This
may be an End of Life signal for xleap, at least for the Edit Atoms table.
Xleap was written around 1990, and uses truly ancient X-window widgets.
I don't know of anyone with the skill set to modify the source code here.

One thing I can try (or you can to, perhaps) is to replace the XQuartz X11
server with an alternate server, say from Macports. That might be more
compatible with old X-window code.

FWIW, everything seems to work fine for me on Ubuntu 21.04. Are you using
WSL on Windows? If so, are you using xorg-dev?

Thanks for the report....dac