Re: [AMBER] Can Parmed convert AMBER files to GROMACS made with the AMBER19SB ?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 22:16:58 -0500

Hi Stephane,

I believe that ParmEd will convert Amber19SB to GROMACS just fine -- I
recommend just trying it. It's possible that the use of different CMAPs
between the same atom type names will cause issues in ParmEd when
translating to GROMACS (for non-CMAP terms, ParmEd always supports the
option of writing parameters directly to each valence term, but I don't
remember how the CMAP terms work).

You will have to write a script to do the conversion:

```
import parmed as pmd
parm = pmd.load_file("ff19SB.parm7", "ff19SB.rst7")
parm.save("ff19SB.top") # .top saves to GROMACS topology file format
parm.save("ff19SB.gro")
```

And execute it as `python <file.py>`. Does that work for you?

I recommend running an energy evaluation with both GROMACS and Amber to
ensure the energies match, however.

HTH,
Jason