Re: [AMBER] Can Parmed convert AMBER files to GROMACS made with the AMBER19SB ?

From: ABEL Stephane <Stephane.ABEL.cea.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 17:29:50 +0000

Dear Matias,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

>> ence, ff19SB should be portable to GROMACS, but new (ff19SB) atom types must be introduced. The other
>> thing is, porting also requires proper testing...

Indeed I found articles that use a conversion of AMBER19SB with GROMACS. But it is not clear to me how the conversion was done and well tested. That's why I asked this question.

>> While CHARMM CMAPs are corrections to the dihedral function, AMBER CMAPs represent the dihedral function..

This is indeed what I understand by reading the ff19SB paper of Carlos so the conversion in the GROMACS will not be easy to do. Thanks for the confirmation

Best

Stéphane