Re: [AMBER] Hydrogen Mass Repartitioning without ParmEd

From: ABEL Stephane <Stephane.ABEL.cea.fr>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:21:19 +0000

Hi Jason,

>> tleap does not currently support writing a topology file with repartitioned masses, and ParmEd is the only option for repartitioning within Amber.
OK

>> If you describe what you mean by "some reasons", maybe it's straightforward
My aim is to prepare some Amber files for subsequent simulations with GROMACS so I have installed a minimal version of AmberTools 21 on an HPC machine without python support for using only tleap or Antechamber.

ParmEd needs some python dependencies (e.g. setuptools, versioneer) and I cannot download them to compile the code. That why I asked this question. But as there is no other alternative to have the HMR functionality I will try to install the full version of Ambertools on a desktop machine to have ParmEd works

Thanks

Stéphane