Re: [AMBER] CUDA INSTALLATION FAILED (Error: Symbol ‘atompositions_fce’ at (1) has no IMPLICIT type)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 15:53:37 -0400

On Thu, Nov 04, 2021, Akash Deep Biswas wrote:

>OS: Ubuntu 21.10
>Fortran Compiler: gcc version 11.2.0

I suspect that you are seeing something with gcc 11.2 that developers have
not yet tried. Ubuntu 21.10 is using a very new software stack -- that's
a characteristic of Ubuntu releases. I'm at 21.04, and things work fine
there.

One could devise a workaround for this particular problem, but I suspect
other glitches would show up elsewhere. We developers will have to see who
can spin up a VM with 20.10 and tackle the issues that appear. Volunteers
are welcome.

...thx...dac