Re: [AMBER] Multiple Replicate Trajectories

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 09:46:53 -0400

It depends...

irest=1,ntx=5 will pick up coordinates AND velocities from the initial
structure. This means you start your MD at the right temperature, and
then ig=1, ntt=3 will create a different random number sequence for each
runs, which will make them "independent".

irest=0, ntx=1 with ntt=3, ig=1 will also make them independent, but now
the initial velocities will be random, and there is a small chance that
the initial T would be different than your request target. This is not
crucial, since it goes to the proper one reasonably fast.

Adrian

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry