Re: [AMBER] Amber installation error for Intel Xeon machine (ubuntu 20.04)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 19:58:59 -0400

On Tue, Nov 02, 2021, Chen, Guoquan wrote:

> I downloaded Amber20 and Amber20 Tools, and have successfully installed
> it with GCC only and GCC+Cuda.
>Now when I tried to install it for Intel Xeon machine (Icelake Xeon, with
>Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04). Here is the error message I got from
>build/run_cmake (#the only change is from GNU to INTEL for compiler)

>CMake Error at cmake/CompilationOptions.cmake:62 (message):
> Could not detect target architecture from compiler. Does the compiler
> work?

Well: does your compiler work? Are icc and ifort in your PATH? Can you
compile a simple program with them?

You might report how you installed the compilers (using oneAPI?).

What happens if you use the Icelake machine, but set the compiler back to
GNU? It's certainly possible that TargetArch.cmake doesn't handle your CPU,
but I'd be surprised...

....dac