Re: [AMBER] Restraint-like bonds using ParmEd setBond?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 16:52:09 -0400

In general terms this is impossible, and that's because the PME code
computes the exceptions from the lists of bonds, angles, and torsions. If
you used the GB code (either using a GB model or setting igb=6 to get
vacuum electrostatics without periodic boundary conditions), then you can
hack the exclusion list in the topology file to achieve what you want.

I think you can do what you want if you're willing to use OpenMM (because
you can control the exceptions very fine-grained), but not within sander or
pmemd.

HTH,
Jason