Re: [AMBER] Error installing amber macOS M1

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:04:22 -0400

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021, Rodrigo da Silva Bitzer wrote:

>I have just redownloaded both AmberTools and Amber and applied (by hand)
>the patches before running cmake. Unfortunately, the error messages
>persist. Please find attached my cmake.log file.

I'm pretty much out of ideas...maybe someone else on the list can see what
is going on.

>>I have found the following error while running make install:
>>
>>/Users/rodrigobitzer/Documents/RESEARCH/MD/amber/amber20_src/AmberTools/src/sander/sebomd_module.F90:124:34:
>>
>> 124 | namelist /sebomd/ hamiltonian, &

Somehow, you need to debug this really carefully. Look at line 124 in the
original files (before running update_amber). Is it the line listed above?

Then, run update_amber --update, and pay careful attention to the output,
looking for any evidence that the updating process failed for update.1.

Look at line 124 *after* the update step? Has it changed? Is there a file
ending in ".rej" in that directory?

Possible problems: you don't have a proper internet connection to get the
updates; the "patch" program on your machine is missing, or not working
somehow; something is wrong with permissions that prevents the patches from
actually being carried out; ....(??)

....dac