Re: [AMBER] Amber parmeters for ACE-CYX bond

From: Ali Saad Kusay <akus8786.uni.sydney.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:50:03 +0000

Hi Carlos,

Thanks very much for this, rarely does this level of detail make into publications

I did eventually make a prmtop file by using a custom ACE residue with one less hydrogen and bonding it to CYX through the sulphur atom. I generated an angle from the GAFF2 library and between ACE: C-CT|-|S :CYX which is missing from the protein forcefield.

The issue was that the dihedrals across the ACE-CYX interface looked weird and this was not helped by simply generating these particular dihedrals using GAFF2. The angles in question are ACE: N-C-C|-|S :CYX and ACE: C-C|-|S-C :CYX and when I compared the ones produced by Antechamber and a QM dihedral scan, there was significant difference between them.

What I ended up doing is using the Lipargen server to generate OPLS parameters, for C-S-C-C it identified that this is similar to the methionine side chain and for N-C-C-S, that it is similar to this series of atoms in cysteine and assigned dihedrals accordingly.

This was a good learning experience for me so thanks again for your help

Cheers,

Ali Kusay