Re: [AMBER] Amber parmeters for ACE-CYX bond

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 08:19:00 -0400

you probably would want to create a new residue that corresponds to the
modified ACE without one hydrogen. WHen you fit parameters for it (such as
partial charges), it's probably best to choose a model compound that has a
sulfur attached to the carbon, or perhaps an attached CYX depending on your
resources. the bond itself could be added in leap as one would do with a
disulfide.
We did a similar procedure for a cofactor bound to a CYX using GAFF and
antechamber, and the methods description might serve as an example:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acschembio.0c00543