Re: [AMBER] MD run on RTX-3070 gpu card is much slower than that on RTX-2080ti

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 08:43:44 -0400

Hi Jinfeng,

I've seen similar issues with the latest cuda although didn't get a chance to properly repro it.

I would suggest going back to CUDA 11.1 and see how it performs with that. I'd also suggest downloading the benchmark suite (here <http://ambermd.org/Amber18_Benchmark_Suite_RCW.tar.bz2>) and see how that performs.

It's also worth checking the card temperature and power consumption with 'nvidia-smi' while the benchmark is running to make sure things aren't thermally throttling.

All the best
Ross