Re: [AMBER] Joining two molecules

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 09:33:26 -0400

Hi,

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 5:17 AM Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se> wrote:

> bond :1.CB,:1.C2
>
> Is :1 the now joined molecule? Otherwise, should I provide the correct residue number :2.X,1.X

No, the bond masks are "<tgt>,<src>" - i.e. they are specific to the
molecules *before* you join everything. So in the above case, it means
"bond atom CB in residue 1 of target to atom C2 in residue 1 of
source". The code will internally update indices to keep track of what
is what after atoms are removed. Hopefully this clears it up, let me
know if not

-Dan